An easy peasy Mediterranean twists on an all time go-to dish!
Prep: 5 mins
Cook: 1.5 hours
2 Baking Potatoes, 2 Beef Tomatoes or 4 smaller ones, 2 tbsps. of olive oil, 50g feta cheese, 1 tsp oregano, 1 clove of garlic, handful of black olives, salt and pepper, squeeze of lemon.
- Preheat your oven to 220F
- Place your jacket potatoes in the oven and cook your potatoes for up to 1.5 hours depending on size. (I normally pierce with a fork, wrap in tin foil and add a little olive oil and a sprinkling of salt for a really tasty skin…)
- Slice your tomatoes, finely slice your garlic and place in an oven proof dish
- Sprinkle over the oregano and the olive oil
- 30mins before your potatoes are ready, pop the tomato dish in and cook along with the potatoes for the remaining 30mins
- To Serve, cut your potatoes in half, spoon over the tomato mixture, including all the juices, crumble over the feta and the black olives, adding salt and pepper to taste, a squeeze of lemon and…
- Dig in!
2015 saw Greece become the main point of entry for over 1 million refugees and migrants. Border closure between Greece and Macedonia has now left thousands of people stranded, including 2,000 children who are waiting for legal asylum before they can leave. Living conditions are very poor in the refugee camps and children are at risks of exploration as many families are turning to smugglers to get outside of the camps. To find out what Save The Children are doing children in these camps, please visit:
If you would like to make a monetary donation please visit the link: https://justgiving.com/fundraising/Feastforfamine