Friday nights can still be curry night with a few store cupboard ingredients!
Ingredients: 1 onion, 2 cloves of garlic, 1 large can of chickpeas (drained weight around 500g), 100ml of passata, can of coconut milk, 1 – 2 tsp of curry paste, depending on how hot you like it, a little oil for frying.
For Pea Raita which uses frozen peas, please click here Inspired by India – Potato and Sweetcorn Samosas with Pea Raita
- Chop your garlic and onion and gently fry in a pan with the oil until softened
- Add your curry paste and mix well
- Pour in the coconut milk and passata, give it all a good stir
- Add your chickpeas and bring to a simmer and cook for 20mins or until the chickpeas have softened slightly and taken on all of the curry flavour
- And that’s it…serve with rice and the pea raita if you wish
2 thoughts on “The Lockdown Larder – Vegan Chickpea and Coconut Curry with Pea Raita”
Hi. I’m glad he found feastforfamine.blog website, I really like it, the article is very
useful and I shared it! In order to survive the hard times ahead we found
2 very good books, you can download them here: https://bit.ly/2RlAHdb and here:
Great success with this site!
Thank you glad you found it useful x