This is a really easy, delicious slow cooked pork dish packed with loads of flavour, great served with mash and veg to keep you warm this winter – I don’t have a photo of the finished dish as it didn’t last long!
Serves: 4 – 6
Ingredients: 800 – 1kg of Pork Shoulder (fat removed), 2 x celery sticks, 2 cloves of garlic, 1/2 a lemon, 1 onion, 1 cinnamon stick, 2 small chillies (whole), more if you like it hot! 2 bay leaves, 1 tsp. dried thyme, 500ml ginger ale, good pinch of salt and pepper.
- Preheat your oven to 130F
- Roughly chop all of your vegetables
- Place the pork in an oven proof lidded dish
- Scatter all of the vegetables and dried herbs plus the lemon all over the pork with good pinch of salt and pepper
- Pour over the ginger ale put the lid on and pop into the oven for 4 hours, checking half way through cooking time that it is not drying out, if it is add a little water, at this stage also pour some of the juices back over the pork
- Pop back in the oven until cooking time is up
- Allow to rest for 10 – 15mins then you should be able to shred the pork easily
- Serve with some extra veg, potatoes or rice and drizzle over some of those amazing juices…