Christmas is nearly here and already I am thinking of the leftovers and this salad goes really well with cold meats as part of a buffet, looks pretty in pink too! Perfect for Boxing Day…
Serves: 6 (for a larger buffet side, just double the quantities).
Ingredients: 4 eggs, 500g potato, 200g drained pickle beetroot, 4 tbps. of mayonnaise, juice of half a lemon, 1 heaped tsp. of dried dill, good mil of salt of pepper.
- Boil your eggs for 10mins then set aside to cool
- Peel and chop your potatoes in roughly 1cm cubes
- Boil for 12mins, drain and allow to cool
- Once the potatoes and eggs have cooled mix in with the mayonnaise
- Drain your beetroot and if not too messy cut the pieces up a bit and add to the egg and potato
- Squeeze over your lemon juice and mix in the dill
- Season well
Remember all recipes are created for you not only to enjoy, but to also raise awareness of the struggles these countries face on a daily basis, so if you would like to make a donation to Save The Children who are working everyday to support children around the World, please visit my just giving page by clicking the link Just Giving for more information.