A store cupboard meal whipped up in 5 minutes with a lovely smokey flavour…this dish uses gluten free chorizo, but if you need to keep to a gluten free diet check the packaging as this can vary across brands, same goes for the mayo!
Serves: 2 as a Main
Prep: 5 mins
Cook: 40 mins
Ingredients: 1 400g (drained weight 240g), can of white beans like Cannellini beans, (you can also use chickpeas), 1 400g of tinned tomatoes, 9 thin slices of chorizo, 3 cloves of garlic, 2 tsp. paprika, 1 tsp. oregano, 1 tsp of olive oil, small bunch of parsley
For the Paprika Mayo: 1 tbsps. of mayonnaise, 1 tsp. olive oil, 1 tps. paprika
- Thinly slice your chorizo and add to a lidded pan with 1 tsp. of olive oil, add to this 2 tsps. of paprika, 1 tsp. of dried oregano
- Stir well together and cook on a medium heat until the chorizo starts to brown slightly
- Now add your chopped tomatoes and beans, stir well and bring to the boil
- Now turn the heat down and simmer for 30 mins.
- To make your Paprika Mayo, mix 1 tsp. of olive oil with 1 tsp. of paprika, now add 1 tbsp. of mayonnaise and mix together
- Spoon your beans into bowls, top with the mayo and some parsley and eat!
Take a look at the work of Save The Children in Spain:
And if you’d like to make a donation via this blog, please visit my Just Giving Page, by clicking here Just Giving